Sunday, June 5, 2011

A new vision

Because this blog was getting too dark for my tastes, I have decided instead to chronicle my postpartum weight loss.  I had a cesarean section with Zachariah, and because of where the incision is, and all my stretched out skin from three pregnancies, it has left my scar rather prone to infection.  I really need to lose weight to help that little problem.  So, here I am, stretch marks and all, as of today.  I weigh 177.2 pounds, and would like to lose about 50 of that.  Please pardon the dirty glass.  I have apparently run out of glass cleaner!

I'm starting on Weight Watchers using the old Flex Points system, because that's what I have, and I was very successful on it several years ago.  Because I'm right on the cusp of a smaller portion bracket (150 to 174 pounds) I'm going to be starting there.  I get 32 Points a day with 35 Flex Points since I'm nursing.  Yay for 10 extra points!  :)  Friday will be my official weigh in day, because I like to weigh before the weekend.  That's usually when I tend to use the bulk of my Flex Points, so Friday morning (in theory) should be my thinnest morning of the week.

Jonathan is out of town for a couple of weeks, and I'm not telling him that I've started back on Weight Watchers.  I'm hoping that I will have lost a noticeable amount of weight when he gets home.  Wouldn't that be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment