Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Early development

A lot of little girls look forward to getting their first bra.  One of my own, in fact, came to me one day and asked if I could buy her some "flat bras".  She didn't really need them, but hey, if that's what she wants, it's a simple enough request.  I was not one of those girls.  For whatever reason, I began budding much earlier than most of my peers.  When I was in 5th grade, my mother started making me wear a bra.  I get where she was coming from.  Really I do.  I had a lot of little white blouses and definitely needed to wear something under them for modesty's sake.  I should have worn a camisole.  Instead, I had training bras, and the kids at school teased me endlessly because I didn't have actual breasts.  Especially the boys.  Great.  Here I was, already a dork, and now I'm being teased for my undergarments, as though that was any of their damn business.  Little did I know that in less than a year's time, those bras would be the least of my worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment