Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello World

I have struggled with my body image for as long as I can remember.  Some days, I look in the mirror at my (currently pregnant) figure and am in awe of the natural beauty of the female physique.  Others, all I can see are the stretch marks and breasts that aren't as perky as I would like for them to be.  As I look around me, I realise that most of my friends feel this way, too.  Even the skinny ones.  I am slowly realising that this is a universal struggle and I am not alone, but just one of millions of women who look at themselves daily (or worse yet, never look in a mirror at all) and wrestle with what they see.  Someday, I hope to be at peace with my body.  I hope to win this war and not pass down a legacy of self-loathing to my daughters.  I hope to look at myself and see the beauty that my husband sees and not the imperfections that I see.  With this blog, I hope that by sharing my battles, I can somehow help someone else in her's.
I am an obesophobe.  This is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment